2.26.2005

Noble Truths

Recently life has started to make sense. After my brief voyage in Kampuchea (Cambodia) I have realized that life is much more poignat than I ever though it could be. In all honesty I think that all there is to do is live. Maybe this is something that I should have understood long before today, but unfortunately that is not the case.

The first noble truth: Life is suffering. And how true it is, yet eliminating suffering is difficult but what has to be understood is that so much of our suffering is self-inflicted--I know that to be the case with me. If I let go of my desire then perhaps everything would make significantly more sense and be much less painful.

The other noble truth that I have discovered recently is that trying to please other people only leads to the further suffering. Perhaps the buddha never said specifically these words but in essence it is the case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home